After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the professional benefits of various social media platforms for your creative business.
- Brand yourself on social media.
- Implement actionable tactics for using social media not only for marketing and growth, but also competitive research.
- Keep a pulse on how the creative community is successfully using social media, so that ideas can be applied accordingly to your own creative brand.
- Create content that facilitates SEO (Search Engine Optimization), increases influence and thought leadership, and proactively grows audience.
- Measure your social media efforts on various platforms and identify areas of improvement and opportunity.
- REFERENCE | Marketing for Non-Marketers: Joshua Lingenfelder (Arts Council of Indianapolis)
- ARTICLE | Tips for Successful Digital Marketing Efforts (Regional Arts Commission St. Louis)
- REFERENCE | Essentials of an Effective Arts Website: Norman L. Lawrence, Jr. (Chicago Artists Resource)
Presenter: Sue Koch is Chief Navigator, Social Media Strategist, Coach and Speaker at Soaring Solutions.
The series is funded in part by grants from The Coleman Foundation, the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, the Joan Mitchell Foundation, and the Illinois Arts Council Agency, as well as a CityArtsGrant from the City of Chicago's Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events.
Survival Guide is produced by Chicago Artists Coalition for Chicago Artists Resource.