Job Type: Full Time Exempt
Job Department: Production/Facilities-Operations
Reports to:Production Manager/Director of Administration & Operations
About Chicago Children’s Theatre
Since its launch in 2005, Chicago Children’s Theatre has cemented its reputation as the city’s largest professional theatre company devoted exclusively to children and families. The company evolved out of Chicago’s need for high-quality, professional year-round children’s programming to match the quality, & significance of theatrical powerhouses such as Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Goodman Theatre, & Lookingglass Theatre. Likewise, CCT has always believed children should be treated as the sophisticated audiences that they are, showcasing high-profile & award-winning talent, inventive production values & compelling stories that challenge, educate & entertain.
Summary of Position
Chicago Children’s Theatrehas an immediate opening for a talented, passionate, committed Theatre Manager. This core staff member will be a team member serving both the Production department & Facilities-Operations of CCT.
This is an early-career opportunity to gain exposure and skill development throughout several aspects of our progressive & visionary non-profit arts organization.
· Coordinate with the Director of Administration & Operations, Production Manager, part-time technical supervisors, & other members of the management team in planning & supporting resourcing for productions, tours, educational programs, special events, & facility management.
· Respond in real time to the evolving nature of operating our West Loop facility.
· Perform standardized preventative maintenance procedures to ensure that machines & mechanical systems continue to run smoothly and efficiently.
· Perform basic inspections, testing, and technical support on all operational technology & equipment as needed.
· Troubleshoot simple lighting, plumbing & mechanical problems.
· Secure facilities & grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, loss, & liability.
· Respond to emergency situations during & after hours, nights, & weekends for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
· Work with the Production Manager & part-time technical supervisors in the management & scheduling of all aspects of the production season including:
o Payroll & AEA paperwork for all artists & show staff.
o Budgets, purchases, & reconciliation of spending.
o Contracts with AEA, USA, SDC, & non-union artists & show staff.
o Production calendars & production meetings.
· Coordinate with other department’s relevant information as needed for the smooth operation of each company event.
· Oversee facility & equipment rentals in coordination with the Director of Administration & Operations & the Production Manager. Responsible for meeting a small annual revenue goal tied to rentals.
· Plan, develop, & submit estimates for proposed modifications, alterations, & capital improvements to the facility & grounds in coordination with the Director of Administration & Operations.
· Provide administrative support to Production & Facilities/Operations departments.
· Other duties as assigned.